As we navigate, these uncharted territories brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic I have realised that it is very easy to be grappled by constant fear and worry. Daily many are losing their fight against the virus, and it seems “my sincere condolences” has become a trending phrase each day. Indeed, the times are hard and challenging, yet even amid it all; we must still put our faith in God. Trusting Him does not mean that challenges will not befall us, instead it means that despite what happens, we will hold onto our confession; God is still God and His love for us will never fail. Trusting Him means that when the storms, floods, flames, and fires of life rage against us, we will still be able to stand knowing that through it all God is on our side.
My message to you is this – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. [Proverbs 3:5-6]
* Trust Him when things are good and when things are not going so well.
* Trust Him when the days are bright and even on those days when it seems as if a cloud of darkness hangs above you.
* Trust Him when your pockets are full and, on those days, when you do not know where your next meal will come from.
* Trust Him when you are in good health and also on that day you find yourself bedridden because of ill health.
* Trust Him when your relationships are going strong and even when they seem to be falling apart.
* Trust Him when all your loved ones are well and in good health. Likewise, trust Him even on that day you bid farewell to a loved one whose life journey has come to an end.
Rest assured that whatever happens, He is still God. Throughout the good, the bad and the ugly days, He changes not. Hold on to him for dear life because His eye is on you 24/7!
* [Isaiah 54:10] – Though the mountains be shaken, and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
* [Isaiah 43] – When you are in over your head, I will be there with you. When you are in rough waters, you will not go down. When you are between a rock and a hard place, it will not be a dead-end – Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Saviour.
* [Jeremiah 29:11] – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
* [Romans 12:12] – Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer