Maximise your Time
As the world battles with the coronavirus pandemic many countries have implemented one form of a lock-down or another to help contain and stop the spread of coronavirus. It may not be fun to be stuck indoors all-day but these are desperate times that call for desperate measures. Eventually, this too will pass, in the meantime, we all have to find a way to stay strong, positive and make the best of what is at our disposal. This includes making the best of the time when lock-down comes knocking on our doors and we have to get used to being indoors.
Here are my thoughts on how we can make the best of our time during confinement.
- THINK. MEDITATE. WRITE. Open your eyes and look around you, what problems do you see that need solutions. This is not the time to sleep and snore. Instead, ask yourself “What solution can I bring to the problems around me? Like I said before therein lies the opportunities of tomorrow. No one wants to walk this same road again, meaning change is inevitable. Are you going to be part of the change or you will stand by and watch others be it? Look around you, what can you do to make a difference in your life, the environment around you, or the world itself if you can dare to dream big. Don’t despise the small ideas, write them down and keep a record. Not every big problem requires a complex solution. Sometimes it’s that simple idea that can make a tremendous difference.
- LEARN. Acquire a new skill or sign-up for a course. Whether its cooking, art, coding or writing the web has countless sites at your disposal. Use whatever you have at your disposal. You will be surprised at what you can achieve if you set your mind to it. For those with access to the internet, there are thousands of resources online that can help you. Ranging from free online courses to ‘How-to” videos. Ask friends and family for ideas or take a leap of faith and just try something new. Research on resume writing and take time to update your resume. Update your professional profile on sites like LinkedIn, and if you don’t have one this is a good time to learn how to create one.
- READ. Read as many books as you can. Whether you opt to read a textbook, novel, biography or magazine, it’s up to you. Reading will help to keep your mind active, and even if you choose to read for fun, you are bound to pick a word or two that will boost your vocabulary. My advice though when it comes to reading – spend most of your time reading content that adds value to your life.
- CONNECT. Keep in touch with friends and family. Check-in on them, share words of encouragement and stay positive. You may be in physical isolation, but you don’t have to be emotionally isolated. Most important shut out all negativity, guard your sanity.
- STAY ACTIVE. Walk around the house, do a bit of cleaning and tidying. Try simple exercises like squats and sit-ups that you can easily do in the comfort of your home. Do something to keep you active and eat a healthy balanced meal.
- REST. All work and no play makes Jake a dull boy. Remember to take time to rest and relax. Refresh your mind and be sure to get enough sleep. Take time to recharge and pump back some positive energy into your life. Explore and grow your spirituality, spend time in prayer, it will revive you.
- FOLLOW PRECAUTIONS. Follow the stipulated guidelines to protect yourself and others. Do your part, and together we can all make a difference and stop the spread.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!
You must log in to post a comment.